23 April 2010

Yom Hazikaron

Memorial Candles

Yom Hazikaron is Memorial Day for the fallen soldiers. Its the same thing as Memorial Day in America. It is the day before Yom Haatzmaut which is Israeli Independence Day.
Every year the IDF Chief in Staff places a rock on the grave of the most recent fallen soldier. He also places a wreath on Mt.Herzl. The Chief of Staff in Israel is Gabi Ashkenazi.
 This is Gabi Ashkenazi. This photo is from Top News.

Again, just like Yom Hashoah, the siren went off.
This time it was around 8 at night. Yom Hazikaron starts in the evening just like Yom Hashoah and Yom Hazikaron.
I finally figured out what the siren reminds me off. Well not really the siren more like the reactions. When the siren sounds everything stops. People just stop. Well it reminded me of the movie The Happening by M.Night.Shyamalan. Well it only reminded me of how the people just stop moving. It didnt remind me of what happens after they stop moving in the movie. 
 Ashkenazi saluting the wreath at Mt.Herzl. This photo is from Zimbio.com



I'll write more blogs later. This is the list. Yom Haatzmaut, Enlistment Party Attempt 1, Enlistment Party Success, Day 1 of Lishkat Gius (what an experience), and I think Israeli Banking/ Cellphone Companies.
Hag Sameach Leculam!! :)
Memorial Day in America. Thats my grandpa. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment