03 April 2010

Day 2 of the South Trip: Bedouin Tent

Hey guys! How are you?
Now as I said before the second day of the south trip I didnt do. They went to Ben Gurions Grave. When they came back we all went to dinner at a Bedouin Tent. It was very very cool. I didnt take pictures of this so I will show pictures that my friends took.
I also have hiking pictures from the first day of Ha Maktesh.
Okay so this picture to the left was at the very start of Ha Maktesh. It was taken by Lauren.
 This one I believe was taken by Rebecca. (No silly not me) I am the one in all black with a hood on my head and I have a black back pack.
Okay now onto Bedouin Tent dinner.
This is my friend Nate and I. This was taken by Lauren but on Nate's camera.
GROUP SHOT! I think Laurens camera. Im not sure. I dont entirely remember.
L-R Top: Mackenzie, Blair, Me
L-R Bottom: Celia, Rebecca, Lauren, Nate

Okay so these photos are from Lauren. The group shot is from Laurens camera. Just checked.

 This was our dinner. All the tables were on the floor and we sat on giant pillows.  Tea, Grapefruit juice and I think coffee.
 Okay this was the man in charge. my table took to calling him Big Poppa Bedouin. He set this dinner up for us and at the end told us all about the Bedouins including their new camel named Toyota. Hes from Japan and doesnt need to eat and drink all the time. 

The bottom image is of Big Poppa Bedouin when he was talking about their ways and history.  The wooden machine on the floor left of him is a Tradition Bedouin Coffee Maker. It also makes noises that have different meanings like when a guest is coming, a guest is here, there is a party, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment