01 April 2010

Pesach פסח(Passover) Fun fact ;)

So I needed food today. I haven't really been at the dorms so I didnt really need food. I went food shopping naturally and found something rather shocking. To me it was shocking since Im from New York. But now that I think about it, its rather logical for Israel.
In the supermarkets all of the bread/grain products are covered or removed from the shelves. You can not buy any of it. When Passover is over then you can buy bread/grain products. I wish I knew so I could have bought things on Sunday before I left. Its good to know though for future reference.
I was hungry and so I went to the food court and figured Id get pizza thinking fast food doesnt count. ...yup fast food does. Sbarro the pizza place was not selling regular pizza. So I left and decided Burger King. They were like yeah we got burgers. Not real buns.  I shall wait till next week for my beautiful slice of pizza. It was rather shocking at first. "Ahh what happened to the store? Is there a problem?" Nope, just cant eat bread/grain products during Pesach. Ha sill me. I forgot. Ahh wonderful new experiences in foreign countries. Shufersell:
 
Mega:

This is usually just filled with tons of bread and all different kinds. Now its Bamba and potato chips.. and wine.

 They had cool decorated covers for their aisles.
Okay till next time peeps. חג שמח :) (Happy Holidays- Hag Sameach)

No comments:

Post a Comment