06 May 2010

1st Day!!! Oh Shhhheeeeeeat

So today was my first day in the army. I got my ID, my uniform, and all the other things I need. No. No gun. I don't need a gun.
So everything I bought (told to bring with me) they gave me. Yay. So not only did I have the giant army bag, I had my own giant bag. Woot. Fun stuff man let me tell you.
They gave me Pepper Spray. I dont really know what Im gonna do with that...
The whole day was pretty much just waiting around like usual and walking back and forth in confusion.
I had my teeth photographed. My face x-rayed. Hand/ Finger prints scanned and my hand writing. My blood taken by the evil finger prick. I hate that thing. Always have, always will.
They took an absolutely horrible ID photo. It sucks. I hate it.  It gets me free bus and train rides though. So it has a use. Well it has many but I like the free bus/train rides. Which by the way I got 2 today. :) My first free bus rides. It was going back to the dorms. Which Im sure you are probably wondering why Im back at the dorms... Ill tell ya. I HAVE NO IDEA! They said go home. I asked why.
They said that Nachal has everything figured out so it will be easier for me to just come back on Sunday in the morning.
Would have been alot better to know this from the start. I dont know. Im just sayin.
When they called me to come in today, they said bring enough clothing and supplies to last 2 weeks. Okay I did that but they gave me everything I needed today annnnd I didnt even need it. But hey okay. Im not gonna complain because today Im officially an Israeli Soldier. Hopefully sunday I can finish everything in signing up as a Lone Soldier and finding out where Im going to live. I get free bus rides. woot.
I celebrated by getting Dominos for dinner. Now Im wiped. I NEED to sleep. Night leculam! I guess When I come back from the army that starts on Sunday I will have a great post.
Till then everybody. Night.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Becky. Thanks for keeping us posted on what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who the hell celebrates with eating dominoes? honestly, its not even real dominoes its israeli dominoes. no 5-5-5- deal no nothin... if thats a celebration, then jesus is comin back with the new 2 topping 2 medium pizzas for $5.99 each

    ReplyDelete