29 April 2012

I Officially Discharged!!!

So it's official!! I am officially a civilian! Today I discharged from the army. Of course it wasn't without it's drama in true IDF fashion. But! In the end it happened and that's all that matters.
Last week on the last day of Nativ, I got the papers telling me that for today I go to the discharge unit. I got there bright and early but I couldn't discharge due to some new soldier technicalities of not knowing what to do. After about 6 and a half hours of sitting and playing Coin Dozer and calling different offices to see who can help me speed up the process(which was only supposed to take 15 minutes tops) I finally walked out of the discharge unit a civilian.
I have to say the idea scared me and made me nervous and excited but now that it's actually over I feel fine. Normal, actually relieved and less stressed. I feel like I get to start a new chapter. I can start new things. I know it's only the first few hours but it's not as scary as I thought it'd be. I have work and a place to live. I know I will be okay. I'm a lot luckier then most and I did well for myself.
Im excited to see how I turn out. I learned a lot. I can only hope to use what I learn. I wonder what adventures will be in store for me. I will keep posting on here about adjusting to civilian life as an actual Olah Hadesha. I'm no longer a Lone Soldier but now a new citizen in every aspect of the term. There are bound to be adventures.
I can now post about one incident that I haven't been allowed to because of the army. That I feel like putting in a different post tomorrow.
Have a great week everyone!!! <3 Thank you for sticking through my journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment