14 April 2012

Course Nativ



So on February 9th I started Course Nativ. It was more of a signing up process. Stand in lines to where you will be. I ended up running into a commander of mine from basic training. She became an officer for   Nativ.
Nativ first off is pronounced Na TEEv.
It is a course for people who have been in the country less then 10 years or for people who are NOT Jewish. Once a week the course goes on a trip somewhere in the country. We close two weekends to see what it's like to observe Shabat. One with the course and the second with an orthodox family.
I have to say I was very reluctant to join Nativ because of all the stereotypes that follow it.
With that said I am very glad I joined because I met some great people and got to hear some amazing stories including a Lone Soldier who is in Golani and in a weird twist of irony lived 5 minutes away from me in NY and lives 5 minutes away from me here, in Ramat Gan.
As for the stereotypes, I don't think they are even stereotypes because of how true they hold. I was very upset to see they were true but I am making the best of it.
We finish the course on April 24th and then on the 29th I finally discharge from the army.
So far my plan is work work work work then in the summer take my first actual vacation. Not only as a free woman but as a person. My last vacation was with my family in like 1998 to New Hampshire. My "vacation" post I had lasted about 1 day before I got a job interview and then work. Every yom sidurim or mehuchedet I've had since then has been me working. Then when I finally get a vacation (which I filled up with a work schedule) I get so sick I cant eat or sleep. Yay.
Im deciding on whether or not to post the trip photos I have shot from all the trips we've taken.
I also can't wait because now I get to post things that I couldn't while in my service.
I'll hopefully post soon. I will definitely be posting my discharge. That you all better believe!!!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment