03 September 2010

The week of August 29th- September2, 2010.

Okay so as many of you know August 29th I was in Jerusalem at NBN Headquarters for Aliyah.
Monday I returned to Mdor Nahal. My katzin told me I have an interview on tuesday at 11am.
I had to go to none other then Michve Alon! The base I was just at for 3 months! This time to be an Rarasap. Pronounced: Are ah sap.  Basically its a logistic job. You are in charge of all the equipment. Not hard I can do that. Oh yeah except for the part where you bitch out all the soldiers in tironut. I kinda wish I got that job. Woulda been fun to go back to Michve Alon and return with so much power. Damn my hebrew. My hebrew is good just not good enough. I needed just a smidge higher. Just a smidge and I would have been set. Dammit. Oh well. You live and you learn.
So Wednesday I return to Mdor Nahal where my katzin tells me I have an interview as an IDF Spokesperson. They need fluent english speakers. Cool huh? I know. I was super excited for this interview. It was in the kiriah. The kiriah is like the pentagon of the Israel. Nice place too. It was beautiful.
So my interview was at 930. I was told to get there around 910. I figured with all the security I would go a bit earlier. I got there around 830 and waited for a little bit. Around 845 I was called in for my interview. Honestly Ive never been so disrespected in my life. This whole interview felt like a gigantic slap in the face. I was royally pissed off. The girls in that unit were not only lazy and childish (probably trying to act cute for the guys in that unit who couldnt even stand them) but rude. The moment they see a new person they start getting territorial and bitchy. It was honestly ridiculous. Im sorry but when did we enter back into grade school and leave the army?
So anyway my interviewer sends me to the photography/film unit of IDF Spokesperson. He asks some questions and asks what I want to do in the army. I tell him I want to be with people and help them. His response here is a job for you. How would you like to be the photography archiver. You deal with people who want to buy the photos and you make sure they are clean. How does that sound? You like it? My response was yes and no. He asked why no. And naturally I said because its not with people. Im not helping people.
So he told me of a bunch of other job interviews in the IDF Spokesperson Unit that I "would just be perfect for". So I had to return back to the kiriah. So Im walking out of that building by 947 and I make it back to the kiriah a little before 10 where I wait till 1pm. One the officer left. When I finally got in touch with her- she told me shed be back in a few minutes. 2 hours later there is a lower ranking officer telling me to go home and there are no jobs for me here. After I left I get a phone call. A missed call to be more precise. Apparently they dont know Im gone. So yay. There goes job chances. I try calling my katzin but hes busy and doesnt answer. So now I return on Sunday starting all over. Honestly it sucks. I feel so... I dont know the words. It like Im not good enough. Im not useful. I feel annoying and like a failure. How can I possibly get a job if no one is willing to give me a chance? No one wants to hear it either? "Oh youre from New York and arent fluent yet? Bye." I feel bad to my katzin for me constantly going back there. I know Im running out of possible jobs but I also know that Im not going to get the job I want. Im not being picky at all. I just want a job. Maybe I should have said yes to the sitting in a room by myself and cleaning photos? How bad could it be? At least Id have a job.
So around 4, I had an outside the army job interview for a lawyer firm who needed an english speaker. I probably didn't get it because he needed someone who is also fluent in hebrew.
But what made my night and made me feel so much better was the fact that I went to TAU and was able to pick up one of my suitcases. I have different clothes. I dont have to wear the same clothes every weekend now. Im so happy. I still have more to pick up. I pretty much left everything I own there... hence why I need a place to live. We aren't allowed to have furniture in the beit hahayel. Im gonna ask if one or two small storage units are allowed. I kinda need them. My suitcases take up so much room. :(
Also I found out today(September 3) that it is okay to get a pet goldfish. :D AWESOME! I WANT ONE!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment