10 June 2011

Passover Holiday 2011

Benny Gantz. The new head of the IDF
So passover was absolutely amazing. Probably the most fun I've had in a while. A very long time I should say. It was non stop laughter and just a really great time over all. I met all these new people that I can say are going to be friends for some time.
We met in Binyamina and took a bus to a hotel in Olga. It was absolutely amazing.
It was like Mickve Alon Reunion. Actually that's exactly what it was. 
I should probably tell you guys that this was only for Lone Soldiers on closed bases and combat positions. Im very thankful I got to go. I'm glad I switched to my new job or I never would have been able to go because I am on an open base with the only combat I have to do is make the Paper Shredder Machine Thingy that I forgot the name of work.
We all got separated into rooms and groups. I had the BEST roommate ever. Her name is Karen. She is also from NY. She was so much fun. We actually met up several times after the passover dinner. She is such a great person and Im really glad to know her and call her friend. 
I also had the best group ever. צוות 27/שולחן 13 כבוד!!
We all had to go into this giant room and sit down where Benny Gantz came and talked to us and surprised a Lone Soldier by having his parents stand behind him. Everyone started crying it was so moving. Photos were strictly prohibited during this even, so naturally Karen and I took photos. :P
After that it was free time or see a comedian who was funny. Then we had the passover sedar where they had raffles. Didn't win anything. Then it was free time until the next night at dinner. 
The free time was spent sleeping and hanging out with our group. I think we were the only group to spend out free time together. We had such an awesome "group commander". This was such a great 2 days. Im so going to remember it forever. After those 2 days I returned to base for half days everyday while everyone was on vacation.
Me, Adam(not in our group but a friend of mine, and Karen

Lior and I.

Me and my really awesome light up ball :P
The second passover dinner I went to my friend Shiran's house with her family. It was so much fun. I spent the entire night speaking hebrew. So I was really proud of myself. It was such a great passover over all.
I really need to go now. My bus is in 20 minutes and Im still in PJ's and I live on the 7th floor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment