22 April 2011

Corporal Stripes

On March 4,2011, I officially became a corporal. Corporal in hebrew is Rabat. רב“ט
I received the stripes a few days earlier but I didn't put them on officially until March 4th to make my commander(at the time) happy. He insisted I wasn't a corporal but I had the papers to prove it. 10 months in the army is corporal.
It feels kinda cool to show my ranking on my uniform. Ranks in hebrew is Dragot. דרגות
I finally got a picture. :)
I decided I didn't want to put my rankings on until I got Sergeant which is Samal. סמל  It's something that the combat soldiers do. I wanted to do it that way. 
For Passover(in hebrew Pesach פסח), the holiday we celebrate Moses liberating us from Ancient Egypt, I was told i needed to put my ranks on because we had an office check and I celebrated Passover at a special sedar for Lone Soldiers. The sedar will be the next blog. :)
Corporal Stripes
PC: Karen

Okay so the 2 blue stripes underneath my unit tag are my Corporal Stripes. This photo was taken by a great new friend of mine named Karen. We are in our hotel room at the Lone Soldier Passover Sedar.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, I came across your blog while searching for information about volunteering in the IDF. Can I just, say your blog has made me more confident about my decision, I was unsure if anyone outside of Israel actually did this, so I'm glad I came across your page, because I now know it's the right choice. Oh and congratulations on your promotion!

    - Ari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for commenting Ari. Your comment has been one of the comments that kept me writing this blog. Im so glad I've been able to help you. Good luck in what ever you choose to do. If you do continue with your choice and you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. <3

    ReplyDelete